On this week’s episode of the Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Cade Massey, professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He studies judgment under uncertainty, and there’s no better example than his Massey-Peabody football predictions.
We cover a wide range of topics, which includes:
- How Cade has learned humility in building a predictive football model
- The playoff karma of the New York Giants
- What data says about whether match ups matter in football predictions
- The sneaky trick for breaking into the sports analytics world
- The Massey-Peabody prediction for Alabama versus Clemson
For match ups, I discuss a similar study in college basketball.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the play button.