In part I of the Betting Dork podcast on bowl games, my strength of schedule adjustments liked Pac-12 teams to cover over their Mountain West opponents.
USC and Oregon State played quite well, easily covering against Fresno State and Boise State respectively.
Washington State also looked good until 2 late fumbles allowed Colorado State to win. At least San Diego State came through with a nice win over Buffalo, a pick I made based on turnover margin.
Part II of the Betting Dork college football bowl season handicapping special is now available. I went even deeper into the numbers on this one, trying to find answers to these 5 questions.
- Does the sudden departure of Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield matter? A look at his numbers versus fellow freshman Davis Webb.
- Texas A&M’s defense is bad, but did they improve over the second half of the season?
- Michigan State’s offense was even worse than Texas A&M’s defense, but how much did they improve?
- Can Clemson still be overrated?
- How much better was Auburn the second half of the season?
Overall, the numbers suggest 7 games with value in the second set of 18 bowl games we cover in this podcast. In the end, I was a bit shocked at which bowl game I thought had the most value.