In my email newsletter, I’ve been putting college football teams on upset alert. It might seem like these teams should win because of their high rank, but they face a sneaky tough opponent that week.
I don’t include teams that are large underdogs in the markets, like Nebraska as a 9 point underdog at Wisconsin.
Here are the results for the 2016 season. I’m 8 for 12, and I’ve missed the two weeks with 3 teams on upset alert instead of 2.
- Week 1. Notre Dame (lost to Texas 50-47), Clemson (beat Auburn 19-13)
- Week 2. TCU (lost 41-38 to Arkansas). Not many good games this week.
- Week 3. Texas (lost to California 50-43), Houston (beat Cincinnati 40-16)
- Week 4. Washington (beat Arizona 35-28), Stanford (beat UCLA 22-13), Texas A&M (beat Arkansas 45-24).
- Week 5. No teams on upset alert, as 3 games featured pairs of top 10 teams. I did say Michigan would not get upset, and they beat Wisconsin 14-7.
- Week 6. North Carolina (lost to Virginia Tech 34-3), Washington (beat Oregon 70-21).
- Week 7. Mississippi (lost to Arkansas 34-30), Nebraska (beat Indiana 27-22).
- Week 8. Boise State (beat BYU 28-27), Wisconsin (beat Iowa 17-9), West Virginia (beat TCU 34-10).
- Week 9. West Virginia (lost to Oklahoma State 37-20), Baylor (lost to Texas 35-34).
- Week 10. Texas A&M (lost to Mississippi State 35-28), Penn State (beat Iowa 41-14).
- Week 11. Auburn (lost to Georgia 13-7), Penn State (beat Indiana 45-31). Didn’t predict the losses of Clemson, Michigan and Washington though.
- Week 12. Oklahoma (beat West Virginia 56-28), Colorado (beat Washington State 38-24)
- Week 13. Western Michigan (beat Toledo 55-35), Penn State (beat Michigan State 45-12)
To get this content, sign up for my free email newsletter.
Enter your email and click on “Sign up now!”