On this pre-draft episode, Chase Stuart, founder of Football Perspective and 2017 panelist at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, joins me to talk about the NFL draft. Among other topics, we discuss the following:
- The story behind his ubiquitous NFL draft trade value calculator
- How to use Approximate Value to access every player, even offensive linemen and defensive backs
- The reason an NFL GM might use the Jimmy Johnson draft value chart instead of his analytics based chart
- The surprising admission of the Patriots on why they traded for Brandin Cooks
- Why Chase writes every day at his site Football Perspective
After the interview, I talk about 3 highlights of my wisdom of crowds model for predicting the 2017 NFL Draft.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen on the site, click on the right pointing triangle.